Photo Contest Rules
- Photos not adhering to the rules will not be judged.
- Photos must be taken within Elfin Forest Recreational Reserve from any authorized trail or have the Reserve as their subject. Any photo deemed to have been taken off-trail will not be considered. Trail maps are available at the Reserve or online.
- Entrants must be amateur photographers. For this contest, an amateur photographer is defined as a photographer for whom an IRS Form 1099 has not been filed in any given year for income derived from photography.
- Electronic copies of photos must be submitted for each entry. Files must be a minimum of 2 megabytes and a maximum of 25 MB in size and must be submitted via the contest entry form (available November 21, 2022) in JPEG, HEIC, or a similar file format. All entries must be submitted separately.
- Photographers may submit up to four entries.
- Photos must be received by OMWD via the contest entry form no later than 11:00 p.m. on April 23, 2023. OMWD and/or Escondido Creek Conservancy are not responsible for technical problems that prevent the submission of photos.
- Questions may be addressed by email or by contacting a ranger at 760-632-4212.
- Entrants grant rights to OMWD and Escondido Creek Conservancy for the use of the photo(s) as deemed fit, including, but not limited to, promotional items, publicity, publications, and commercial interests.
- Decisions made by the judges and/or by members of the public participating in “People’s Choice” voting will be final.